Foxhills was founded in 1710 in Bristol. Our story is one of success, setbacks, family and a passion for providing amazing service to our customers
One family loved us so much, that ten generations of the family trusted us to provide their wedding ring on their special day, setting a tradition that reached back over five centuries.
We are proud to be based in the Bristol area selling gorgeous Jewellery and providing jewellery services.
Our story begins in 1710, when George Edgecumbe opened his first shop in a Tudor building in Bristol’s
312 years later we are
still based in Bristol and trading all over the world.
One family loved us so much, that ten generations of the same family trusted us to provide their wedding ring on their special day, setting a tradition that reached back centuries.
Change of Name
John and Nathaniel Edgecumbe began working together as clockmakers at the Old Market Shop from1825 to 1832, under the name J & E Edgecumbe. This is an image of a clock made by John and Nathaniel.
John Edgecumbe married Elizabeth Parsons, and it was their son, George, who helped the family business branch out into jewellery. As the firm prospered, a second shop, known as the Old Queen Anne House, is opened in 1868.
Sale of the Shop
In 1992 Edward Parsons, the seventh generation to run the store, died leaving his widow Freda in charge. As Edward and Freda did not have any heirs, the business was sold seven years after Edward’s death to Paul Davis, who was a family acquaintance.
In 2018, Parsons opened an online store in addition to the high street store and opened its doors to the world!
In 2020, we rebranded and changed our name to Foxhills Jewellers. With this new name we plan to grow our online presence throughout the UK and worldwide whilst maintaining our heritage, and our part in Bristol's history.